Tips,Tricks and Inspiration for Creative Success
Blog by Sher
Fretting over the formal event you'll be attending soon? Take away a little of that worry with Day Dreams Sewing top ten formal fitting tips.
10. If you want the scraps from the alterations saved, let the seamstress know at your first fitting.
9. Before handing over the garment to the tailor or seamstress, check it over for stains or tears, noting them on both copies of the service ticket.
8. Don't leave without reviewing (or having received) a service ticket!
3. With regard to hems, ladies think about not wearing high heels in your gown. Will you be standing all through the event? Dancing? Chances are you will be on your feet much of the event and you will appreciate a lower heel. That being said, think of having your dress hem line set to flats. If you bought high heels for your wedding dress, they will show as you're walking down the aisle to the altar; isn't that why you bought them in the first place, for others to ooh and aah over? Consider the tip - it's valid.
2. Buy good undergarments that support, are comfortable and fit. It's terribly difficult to make adjustments to a garment that is not paired with the right undergarments.
1. Buy a size that is closest to your size. Sale prices are great on formal attire, however, add in the cost of alterations of 2 sizes, and you have overshot your budget. While garments may be adjusted an inch or more, it's frugal and smart to invest in a garment that requires only a few alterations.
That wraps this up for today's post. I hope you found at least a few good tips that will help you before or during your formal fitting. For more tips on personal fittings, read the post on preparing for a formal fitting here.
Wishing you a successful and inspirational day, today and always!