First all the good things about this project.
- It's very inexpensive. No need to purchase any of the items you see in the picture. Everything can be gathered from around your home and yard.
- I've made a tutorial with crochet pattern included (knit pattern will be added later) to make this sweet pair of birds.
- It can be personalized completely to the recipient.
- This can be made in a variety of ways with various colors.
- It can be themed for creative flair to the gift.
- It's kid friendly (with adult supervision).
- They (it) swings!
- You need a large sized jar, wide enough to fit 2 birds.
- The jar has to be clear and free of any seams or marks (Mason jars do NOT work).
- Using wire (as shown above) is difficult as you have to poke it through the lid of the jar. The only other option is to poke it through the fabric on top. Not pretty.
- See how the cute birds above sit upright so nicely? No, they don't. Not unless you attach them together and to the wire somehow.
- Have you tried to cut a dowel that small?
- The wire does not swing - perhaps that's how they stay upright on the dowel?
- The above is not a kid friendly project.
It will be fantastic to see your Tweety Birds and what you come up with! Please, feel free to share or send me photos and I'll get them posted. I wish you much success and inspiration with this project/craft. It's one that definitely inspires the imagination!